Monday, May 12, 2008

Essay #2: Personal Narrative

Essay Two: Personal Narrative

The story behind getting my dog is very strange. It all started in the fall of 2003 at my neighbor’s house, and I was having the time of my life.

We were playing with my neighbors on their trampoline. It was fall. Yes fall. I could smell the leaves in the air. We were playing “Tramp-Ball.” It’s a game where you play dodgeball, except on a trampoline. Then my mom and dad called and told us we were going to a picnic. Well I was fine with it until they said it was a business picnic. Ugh! I could taste it. Yucky, adult food. So we drove to Brandywine, Pennsylvania. When we got to the place, we heard a lot of barking. Then my sister said, “We’re at Copper Lee Corgis!” We found out that my mom and dad had tricked us and brought us to get a new dog. We walked to the door and a lady named Judy Bruer answered the door. She led us inside to a waiting room. While there we were amused by Romeo. Romeo, if you haven’t figured out already, is a parrot. When we went to pick out a puppy, Romeo said “Squawk. Good Bye. Good Bye.”

We got outside and saw a lot (and I mean A LOT) of puppies. We saw one, sitting by his dog house all curled up and depressed. We picked him out. While we thanked Mrs. Bruer, Romeo was scaring our new puppy. It was funny. We got in the car and decided to name him Kopper with a “K”. On our way home, all we could smell was new puppy. I love the smell of new puppy in the morning. Kopper was making this weird noise. It sounded like a mix between a dying cat and a goose. We think he made the noise because he missed home. We went to Pet Smart® to buy him a stuffed hippo squeaky toy. When we got home he went from little angel, to devil dog. He went running around the house like a madman. My favorite thing to do with Kopper is probably rubbing his big, fat, stomach. I love the feeling you get from dog fur. Kopper is a funny dog.

To this day Kopper is 4 years old (28 years old in dog years) and is still his crazy, clueless self. The experience I think you should have is this: When you’re having fun and your parents call you for something, a lot of times good things come of it.

No comments: